Friday, April 6, 2012

Photography.

For my 21st birthday, I was lucky enough to receive an amazing camera as a gift.

For years, I was stuck with a badly chosen pink, 8MP camera I chose when I was 15. So I was super excited about getting this camera. It may not look like much, but it is (to quote Hannah Montana) the best of both worlds. I love photography, and in the right light, with the right angles every day items can look like art. I, unfortunately, have zero artistic experience, so I think this camera is perfect for me. It's photos are amazing quality, like an SLR but it isn't bulky or complicated, just a basic point-and-shoot. And yeah, it has a few extra features but I haven't figured out how to work those out yet.

Anyways, being the beginner that I am, I have occassionally Googled photography tips, basic ones that I can remember or learn quickly. I found one great blog post and I wanted both to share it and to keep it as a reminder.

Tips for Great Fall Photography. By Ingrid Owens (Click for original article).
  1. The Golden Hours - best lighting one hour after sunrise, or one hour before dark. 
  2. Shoot after the rain
  3. Don't clutter the image
  4. Use contrasting colours
  5. Only incorporate the sky if its bright blue
  6. Use puddles for reflecting images (from comments).

0 comments:

Post a Comment